Health Reform Resources in Spanish
Welcome to the Health Reform Resources in Spanish page. We have compiled the best resources available in Spanish on health reform and have made them available for your use. Find some resources that we don’t have listed here? Send us an email and we’ll post it. We’re counting on scouts like you to send us materials you find useful.
- Healthcare.gov is a federal government health exchange website designed to offer transparent information about the health insurance market. All the pages in Healthcare.gov are available in Spanish by clicking on the ‘Espanol’ tab on the top right hand corner of the page. Visit the website.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid have a resource page available in Spanish that offers various information including marketplace applications, open enrollment processes, brochures, and numerous factsheets all related to health reform. Visit the Spanish resources website.
Affordable Care Act:
- Affordable Care Act and You Kaiser Family Foundation has launched a new Spanish-language consumer resource center to explain how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) may impact individuals and families throughout the United States
- Health Reform 101 Presentation in Spanish from the Latino Commission AIDS. This informative presentation outlines the basics of the ACA, and how it affects people living with HIV. Slides for this presentation are available in both Spanish and English.
- ACA Helps People Living With HIV/AIDS Changes under the ACA are expected to increase health insurance coverage of people living with HIV by making insurance plans more accessible, affordable, and comprehensive. View the fact sheet in Spanish and English provided by AIDS.gov.
- “Obamacare and You” These fact sheets from the Kaiser Family Foundation provide an overview of what the health law means for different segments of the population, including those who are uninsured, have a pre-existing condition, buy insurance on their own, obtain coverage through an employer, qualify for Medicaid, have Medicare, or are women. View fact sheets in Spanish.
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Law: Project Inform’s questions and answers on health reform for people living with HIV (in English and Spanish). View FAQ in Spanish.
- Subsidy Calculator The Kaiser Family Foundation features a Spanish-language subsidy calculator, which allows consumers to estimate health insurance premiums and tax credits within the ACA marketplaces according to their zip code, income, family size, age and tobacco use. Use Subsidy Calculator below:
- Get Covered! One-page guide to the health insurance marketplace from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services. View in Spanish
- The value of health insurance: Learn the value of having health insurance and what it means for you and your family, provided by the Center for Medicaid and Medicare services. El valor del Seguro Médico
- The marketplace. Learn about the marketplace from the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services. Acerca del Mercado de seguros medicos
Fact Sheets in Spanish from the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services:
- Key dates for the health insurance marketplace: Fechas Importantes sobre el Mercado de Seguros Médicos
- Get ready to enroll in the marketplace: Prepárese para inscribirse en el Mercado de seguros
- Ten things providers need to know: Mercado de Seguros Médicos: 10 cosas que deben saber los proveedores
- Ten things to tell your patients: Mercado de Seguros Médicos: 10 cosas que puede decirles a sus pacientes
- Tips for assisters to help consumers navigate the marketplace: Consejos para los Asistentes Ayudar a los Consumidores Navegar el Mercado
- Enrollment information: How the marketplace works – 4 steps to enrolling: ¿Cómo funciona el Mercado de Seguros Médicos?
- Illinois Health Care Reform Passport The health care reform passport, provided by AIDS Foundation of Chicago, will help people living with HIV/AIDS and health care providers navigate health care reform changes. The passport is divided into two parts:
- Part 1 asks a series of Yes/No questions to help you figure out where YOU fit into health care reform, and understand your new health care options. Click here to view in Spanish (PDF)
- Part 2 asks you to list the medications and health services that you currently receive, and it will help you gather the right documents if a change is coming your way. Click here to view in Spanish (MS Word doc)
- The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has released an information packet which contains information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and how it will coordinate with the IDPH’s Ryan White programs. View the Packet in English and Spanish (PDF).
- “How to Pay for Health Insurance” tool created by: IL Health Advocates, IL Asset Building Group, Shriver Center, and EverThrive. View the tool in English and Spanish (PDF)
- The Kaiser Family Foundation’s feature animation “The YouToons Get Ready for Obamacare: Health Insurance Changes Coming Your Way Under the Affordable Care Act!” in Spanish.